I am a jewelry designer with a love of all things beautiful. I am drawn to modern handcrafted lovelies. You will see them all as I discover them here on my blog. Enjoy!

psst.. and visit my shop to see these inspirations turned into jewelry.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Did I miss my calling as an Engineer?

One afternoon spent putting together Ikea furniture has convinced me that I was not intended to become an Engineer after all. I'm being serious! I sometimes wonder if I should have gone into engineering instead of fashion design. I love math, I love to make things, I love working with my hands and tools.
My one goal while putting together my recent Ikea purchases was to not have to take anything apart because I didn't translate the pictorial directions correctly. Well, I'm happy to say that I acheived my goal. Nothing was taken apart. But then again nothing really fit together well either.
Now, to even further humiliate myself, I am going to show you a picture of what I was trying to build. It's so simple (in theory).
On a more productive note, I found PICNIK finally. I know I'm the last person on the planet to try it but I'm happy nonetheless. I still can't find the attachment for my tripod but I played a bit with a picture I already took of a necklace that will be added to my shop soon. I'm aiming to do the shop update by Tuesday. Might have to just go out and buy the attachment, darn.


4 comments:

The Flukens said...

That necklace is beautiful! I love it! I'm sorry you lost your camera piece, that is so frustrating! That Ikea furniture can be a pain to put together, I have a dresser from there that after 3 years still has a drawer that is broken..oh well :)

Ruth said...

I like the cherry blossom. What did you color it with? Resin?

Chocolate and Steel said...

Ruth, it's actually just oxidized. The cherry blossom is recessed and then oxidized.

Jen - birdfromawire.etsy said...

Just found your shop today through FP- Congratulations! I really love your work and I appreciate the comment about PICNIK- I've been meaning to check it out!